Pikk Global RouteS the view that true learning begins when one is in an environment that stimulates all senses.
Our Campsite provides a dramatic contrast to the regular indoor classroom as direct experiences in the outdoors can really be motivating. We firmly believe that outdoor experiences readily become a stimulating source of fascination, personal growth and can bring about breakthroughs in learning.
We provide a base of opportunities for people to learn through what they do, what they encounter and what they discover. There is an opportunity for client to hear, touch and smell the real thing.
Our Campsite provides an opportunity to people to learn about the outdoors, about them. Active learning readily develops the learning skills of enquiry, experiment, feedback, reflection and review.
CAMP X-Terra -RaniChauri (Uttarakhand)
Location as per GPS- 30.185 North 78.246 East at an altitude of 1940 meters above MSL
7 Acres; 70kms from Rishikesh; 6,500 Feet above sea level; District Tehri; Garhwal Region; Uttarakhand
Perched on a hillock at an altitude of 6,500 feet- and set inside an apple orchard of over 300 fruit trees- is where CAMP X-Terra-RaniChauri is situated. The campsite has a lush green neighborhood with a dense Silver Oak forest & a spacious 250 Ha G B Pantnagar University's experimental farm situated on either sides; a panoramic view of more than 200 kms of mighty Himalayan ranges in front completes the geographical.
The camp offers the following facilities:
- 20 tented accommodation units in large Double fly waterproof Safari tents. (We have facility to pitch 10 more tents in case of bigger groups.)
- There are common western style toilets (9) and bathrooms (5). Each unit is modern and equipped with running water. Hot water is supplied separately.
- A fully functional kitchen.
- Large Gazebo (Gujjar Hut) and covered dining area with a beautiful view.
- Water storage capacity- 10000 litres,
- Drinking RO water in kitchen and dining.
- Electricity connection available at the camp. Common charging point at Dining Area. All tents have lights.
- Rope activities available within the campus while jungle can be used for trekking, hiking, etc. Forest permission is camp responsibility.
- First aid medical facility and Doctor on call 24x7.
- Open areas for outdoor activities.
FOOD- Nutritiously sumptuous food- both vegetarian and non-vegetarian- is prepared and served in the hygienic conditions. Locally available items are used to the maximum possible. The food is served under a covered area with the most exotic view of the Himalayas.
CLIMATE- As is the case with hills, the days are bright and sunny and nights are cooler with temperature ranging between 26 degrees in summers to 2.3 degrees during winters. We suggest that a pair of woolens should be carried as cool Himalayan breeze gets chilly during nights. Following picture will show you the annual climate data of the site.
CONFERENCE FACILITY- We have a 1200 sq feet Gujjar Gazebo constructed thatch area that can be used to organize conferences. Attached to this space is 400 sq feet dining area. All the conference related equipments/stationary including overhead projector system and speakers can be arranged for team meetings.
ACCOMMODATION- Twenty spacious 10X12ft double fly waterproof Safari tents. Each tent, set amidst lush green environment, has two beds, a bean bag (or mora), a small side table and a carpeted floor. An additional bed can be provided in the night. To ensure the hygiene of the place common toilets and bathrooms have been built on one side of the camp. Hot water is provided through "Hamams".
ACTIVITIES- The location of the camp offers opportunity to experience all the activities like. -
- Trekking/ Nature Walks
- Rope Courses/Rappelling on 120 ft rock-face
- Mountain biking on village trails
- Outdoor Survival Skills/Night Camping in jungle
- Photography & Bird-watching
- River rafting @ Ganges on the last day of Camping
- Team games/Volleyball
*Teambuilding and outbound programs can be arranged as required on additional cost
- Highest levels of safety standards are followed at our camp site.
- Strict adherence to UIAA procedures, mountain code of conduct and best practices are followed in all our activities.
- Round the clock vigilance at the camp site.
- All our adventure gear and equipment are imported and UIAA approved.
- Back up vehicles at the site.
- Exclusive campus.
LIVELIHOODS GENERATION- All our employees and suppliers are locals from the nearby villages. We make it a point to procure all the rations and vegetables from the local villagers and suppliers. The land that is being used is an apple orchard and was lying vacant / unattended and has since been restored, after our move. It has also helped the retired land owners to come back and settle in a house near camp; rent paid to them goes directly into the local economy. All our instructors also hail from the same region and we have tied up with the Forest department for training of our employees in Cook n Guide courses. It is our team focus that has ensured such high level of commitment and involvement from our permanent staff of 8 boys, that we have a Zero attrition rate for past 2 years in an industry where people leave jobs for 100 rupees difference in salaries. Approximately 55% to 65% proceeds of your trip will go into local economy.
- Tehri Dam
- Surkhanda Deviand Dhanaulti
- Kunjapuri Temple
- Saur Village
HOW TO REACH- The camp is situated, 10 kms off national highway going to Uttarkashi/Gangotri via Rishikesh, Narendranagar and Chamba. Once you reach Chamba town, please ask for the road that goes to Pantnagar or Rani Chauri. After crossing small town of Ranichauri, you will Pantnagar university campus .After entering the gate of the campus, please ask for the camp site (Our camp staff will be present at the gate to guide you there on).
Transport: only 27 seater Deluxe Coach (2x2) & 35 seater (3 x2) Coach, will reach near the campsite. Local jeeps can be arranged for baggage as per actual cost.