River Rafting @ River Ganga
Location Garhwal Himalaya, Uttarakhand
Best Season September to May
Rishikesh is rightfully called the Mecca of white water rafting in India. It is here that the sport has seen its beginnings and is coming to maturity. The river Ganga has been host to many a great white water sportsman from all over the world and it has not been without reason. The upper valley tributaries of the Ganga, the Alaknanda and the Bhagirathi are reasonable expedition level rivers. They meet at Devprayag to form the Ganga which for the next 70 km to Rishikesh is another expedition in itself. With more than 50 riverside camps and over 150 river rafting outfitters, the sport of river rafting is growing by leaps and bounds in India by the passing years. But it is the section from Shivpuri to Rishikesh that sees the maximum number of river rafting enthusiasts every year. Beach camps on the banks of river Ganges offer a quick getaway from the rigors of daily routine, and we top it up with a fun filled, adrenaline rushing, white water rafting experience down the Ganges. Our deluxe rafting camps are comfortably set on the sand banks of mighty Ganges and are equipped with all the creature comforts that can reasonably be expected in the outdoors.
Day 00: New Delhi - Haridwar ( by night train) / road travel
- New Delhi - Haridwar by AC special train.
- Overnight train journey.
Day 01: Haridwar - Beach camp, Marine drive ( 1.5 hrs bus ride)
- Haridwar railway station - Ganga beach camp by bus.
- Breakfast , Camp orientation talk and briefing of the day's plan.
- Post lunch an exciting rafting session down Ganges .
- Transport back to Beach camp for bon fire & sumptuous dinner
- Overnight stay at beach camp.
Day 02 : Marine Drive-Rishikesh-Haridwar
- After breakfast, bus ride to Rishikesh.
- Spend the day sightseeing holy city of Rishikesh.
- In the afternoon ride to Haridwar to catch evening Shatabdi express.
- Arrive New Delhi station by 2200 hrs.
- All hygienic meals during the entire trip as per the itinerary and taken option.
- Best twin-bedded arrangements in Safari tents
- Each unit is weather proof and well-ventilated with roll-up windows
- Washrooms tent and toilets in western style
- Dining hall
- Bonfire Snacks (1non veg +1 veg , Peanut chaat, Papad, Salad)
- Purified water for drinking and cooking purpose
Delhi - 245 kms, Chandigarh - 230 kms, Hardwar - 35 kms, Dehradun - 55 kms Route: Delhi --> Ghaziabad --> Meerut bypass --> Roorkie --> Hardwar --> Rishikesh --> Beach Camp
River rafting Down Ganges Stay in safari tents in beach camp Evening bonfire Camp Games Visit to Holy city of Rishikesh